This solution provides a recommended setup for incorporating the Mersive Solstice screen-sharing application into Quicklaunch. Because both Solstice and Quicklaunch will both actively strive to operate in full-screen mode, it's necessary to adjust Mersive's Solstice software so it doesn't unnecessarily compete and hamper the user experience of Quicklaunch.
Download and install the Mersive Solstice Software (Server) from their Download page, according to their instructions.
After installation, you will need to allow the Solstice Display software to restart your computer to complete the installation.
Once the PC restarts, you need to reconfigure Quicklaunch and the Mersive Solstice software so they don't compete for full-screen view with each other.
Solace Display Settings
Launch the Solace Display application, and enter the System > Configure settings.
- Under the "Appearance and Usage" tab, locate the "Appearance" section and change Display Mode to "Windowed".
Scroll down to the "Launch Options" setting, and:
- Uncheck "Launch at Login"
- Uncheck "Launch on Client Connect"
- Check "Hide on Last Client Disconnect"
- Click "Apply" at the bottom-right of the settings window, and Close the Solace Display application by clicking the "X" in the top-right corner.
Quicklaunch SettingsAdd a launcher tile for Solstice in the Quicklaunch Applications group:
Go into Settings
- On the right-hand side, in the "Options" pane, click on "Show Advanced Options"
Select the Actions section
Change Group drop-down to "Applications"
- Choose the "Actions" tab under the Group drop-down
- Click the "+" to "Add Program"
- Choose 'Add Action from Catalog'
- Choose Utilities'
- Choose 'Solstice
Change "Name" field to "Solstice Display"
Change "Program Path" field to "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mersive Technologies, Inc\Solstice\Solstice Display.lnk" (or click the Windows-icon to search for it).
- Check the "Start New Instance" box
- Underneath, in the "Display Rules" section:
- Click the "+" button to add a new rule
- Change "Rule Name" to "Solstice"
- Change "Window Lookup" to Class Equals, with the text "Solstice Display".
- Check off "Change State?" and set it to "Maximized" in the drop-down menu.