Quicklaunch has now added Quick Assist to the catalog to allow any organization to easily provide remote support to meeting room PCs.
Microsoft Quick Assist is a Windows 10 app that enables two people to view or share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve problems on the other person’s computer.
The person who needs help requests assistance from a remote individual or helpdesk by IM, voice, video (usually the helpdesk or could be Quicklaunch support). Both start Quick Assist and the helpdesk sends a security code to the person who needs assistance. The person who needs assistance enters the code and gives permission to the helpdesk, who is then able to take control of that room’s computer and provide assistance over the remote connection.
*Quick Assist is only available for Windows 10 anniversary update and beyond at this time.
Also See adding Helpdesk Action Tile
To Add Quick Assist to the Action Tiles
- Enter Design Mode by selecting the "Design Mode" button on the top right hand corner or by entering <CTRL-ALT-D> on the keyboard
- Select Change Action Tiles from the Action Group that you would like to add the Quick Assist Action Tile to.
- Select '+' to add Quick Assist from the Applications Catalog
- Select Quick Assist from the Applications Catalog
In-room users should follow these steps to allow the helpdesk to take control of the room pc over a remote connection.
- Select the Quick Assist Action Tile or Select the Start button > Windows Accessories > Quick Assist.
- Select Get assistance, and then follow the instructions in Quick Assist.
- If User Account Control appears, select Yes to continue.
- Wait for the connection to complete.
Enter a 6-digit security code provided to you by the help desk and enter submit
Enter “Allow” to allow the help desk to take control of your desk top
The helpdesk follow these steps to take control of another person’s PC over a remote connection.
- Select the Start button > Windows Accessories > Quick Assist.
- Select Give assistance, and then follow the instructions in Quick Assist.
- You may be prompted for Windows ID to utilize the service
Enter your Microsoft account
A Shared security code will be provided. Give this to the person in the meeting room requiring assistance.
- Once the code has been entered and the user in the meeting room allows Quick Assist the help desk will be provided direct access to the client desktop.