If you have the Biamp dialer in your enterprise you can use the optional Quicklaunch/Biamp dialer feature. This allows you to control the Biamp dialer through the Quicklaunch interface. To access the Biamp Dialer within Quicklaunch, you will need either Quicklaunch Ultimate Edition or the required feature key. With this feature, you can:
- dial calls
- answer calls
- control the volume
- re-dial last number
Setting up the Biamp Dialer with Quicklaunch
Quicklaunch communicates with Biamp Dialer via TCP, so the dialer requires a connection to the same network as the conference room PC.
Quicklaunch can use either digital VOIP (AKA SIP) or Analog phone lines.
Connecting the Biamp Dialer to Quicklaunch
- In Quicklaunch, go to Settings -> System -> General
- Enter the following Biamp configuration information (available from your AV technical support):
- Set the Biamp mode for SIP for VOIP/digital phone connection or to Analog for analog phone connection
- Enter the IP address of the Biamp dialer
- Enter the Biamp dialer listening port
- Ability to adjust Mute Instance ID - defaulted to Mute1 in Biamp settings
- Ability to adjust Speaker Level Instance ID - defaulted to Level1 in Biamp settings
- Click Save
- The control name used for the Analog dialer is "TIControlStatus1"
- The control name used for the VOIP (Digital) dialer is "VoIPControlStatus1"
- Mute Instance ID and Speaker Level Instance ID must match from Biamp dialer to Quicklaunch
Displaying the Biamp Dialer
The Biamp dialer is only available in tabbed mode. To display the Biamp dialer:
- In Quicklaunch, go to Settings -> Display -> Fullscreen
- Select the screen that you want the Biamp dialer to display on
- Change the Layout to "tabbed"
- Under Visibility on the Left Navigation Bar, check Phone
- Save the settings
- The Biamp dialer will now be displayed as a tab called "Phone"
Using the Biamp Dialer
In the upper right hand corner of the display screen is a Biamp connection status:
Not Connected - Quicklaunch is not communicating with the Biamp dialer. Check the IP address and port settings
Connecting - Quickluanch is attempting to connect to the Biamp dialer
Error - Quicklaunch is unable to connect to the Biamp dialer. Check the IP address and port settings.
Can Dial - the Biamp Dialer is ready for dialing a call
Can Call - a number is being entered and the Biamp dialer is read to make the call
Dialing - the Biamp dialer is making
In Call - the Biamp dialer is in a call
Making a Call
- Enter the phone number using the dialpad
- Click Call
Calling Last Number Dialed
- Blank the number display
- Click Call, the last number will be displayed
- Click Call again to make the call
- Adjust the volume up or down with the slider
- Mute the speaker with the speaker mute button
Debugging a Biamp Connection
Start a telnet session with the IP address of the Biamp device and the port.
The following commands should give specific responses:
Mute1 set mute 1 false
Mute1 set mute 1 true