Please note, the Biamp dialer feature is a restricted beta feature, please contact email@example.com to qualify for access.
If you have the Biamp dialer in your enterprise you can use the optional Quicklaunch/Biamp dialer feature. This allows you to control the Biamp dialer through the Quicklaunch interface. With this feature, you can:
- dial calls
- answer calls
- control the volume
- re-dial last number
Setting up the Biamp Dialer with Quicklaunch
Quicklaunch communicates with Biamp Dialer via TCP, so the dialer requires a connection to the same network as the conference room PC.
Quicklaunch can use either digital VOIP (AKA SIP) or Ananlog phone lines.
Enabling the Biamp Feature
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify for access.
- In Quicklaunch, go to Settings -> License
- Click on the pencil icon beside Feature Keys
- Enter the Feature Key code in the Feature Key box
- Click Next until finished
Connecting the Biamp Dialer to Quicklaunch
- In Quicklaunch, go to Settings -> System -> General
- Enter the following Biamp configuration information (available from your AV technical support):
- Set the Biamp mode for SIP for VOIP/digital phone connection or to Analog for analog phone connection
- Enter the IP address of the Biamp dialer
- Enter the Biamp dialer listening port
- Click Save
- The control name used for the Analog dialer is "TIControlStatus1"
- The control name used for the VOIP (Digital) dialer is "VoIPControlStatus1"
Displaying the Biamp Dialer
The Biamp dialer is only available in tabbed mode. To display the Biamp dialer:
- In Quicklaunch, go to Settings -> Display -> Fullscreen
- Select the screen that you want the Biamp dialer to display on
- Change the Layout to "tabbed"
- Under Visibility on the Left Navigation Bar, check Phone
- To display the Biamp volume and mute, check Biamp AV Controls
- Save the settings
- The Biamp dialer will now be displayed as a tab called "Phone"
Using the Biamp Dialer
In the upper right hand corner of the display screen is a Biamp connection status:
Not Connected - Quicklaunch is not communicating with the Biamp dialer. Check the IP address and port settings
Connecting - Quickluanch is attempting to connect to the Biamp dialer
Error - Quicklaunch is unable to connect to the Biamp dialer. Check the IP address and port settings.
Can Dial - the Biamp Dialer is ready for dialing a call
Can Call - a number is being entered and the Biamp dialer is read to make the call
Dialing - the Biamp dialer is making
In Call - the Biamp dialer is in a call
Making a Call
- Enter the phone number using the dialpad
- Click Call
Calling Last Number Dialed
- Blank the number display
- Click Call, the last number will be displayed
- Click Call again to make the call
- Hover over the Biamp speaker icon (right status bar)
- A volume slider will popup
- Adjust the volume up or down with the slider or clicking the plus and minus icons
- Mute the speaker with the speaker mute button