HDMI Share: Configuration and Usage
This guide explains how to configure HDMI Share beta. To participate in testing HDMI Share beta release an Ultimate Edition license with active Maintenance is required. Please contact <email@example.com> if you would like to participate.
- Add the HDMI Feature Key
- Configure HDMI Share Settings
- Configure Action HDMI Share Action Tiles (Optional)
1) Add the HDMI Feature Key
If you're participating in beta testing of HDMI Share, you'll receive a Feature Key that is linked to your License Key. Follow the steps below or see our Feature Key Guide to add the Feature Key to Quicklaunch
Open Quicklaunch settings by selecting the Gear Icon or selection CTRL + ALT + S on your keyboard.
Select the License tab, followed by the edit button.
Now, enter your provided feature key into the Feature Key field. (NOTE: don't erase your License Key. It is needed in addition to the Feature Key)
2) Configure HDMI Share Settings
NOTE: Ensure all USB video devices and USB video capture cards are connected to the PC for which you are configuring HDMI Share. See a list of supported USB video capture devices on our partner page.
2A) HDMI Share General Settings
Open Quicklaunch Settings by pressing CTRL + ALT + S and navigate to the HDMI Share tab.
- Show in Taskbar: Enable/disable the HDMI Share icon on the Windows Taskbar
- Start HDMI Share when QL starts: Enable/disable
2B) Configure HDMI Share Windows
HDMI Share supports either one or two windows which can be customized.
- Enabled: Enables/disable a window . If a window is not enabled, HDMI Share will not start. At least one window must be enabled.
- Name: Set a custom window name to be shown in the title bar
- Window State: Select what state the window will launch in.
- Options are: Minimized, Normal, Maximized
- Multi Display Mode: Select how the window handles multiple devices. Options are:
- Single: Only one device will be displayed at a time
- PIP (Picture in Picture): Main device with other devices previewed in top-right corner
- Tabbed: Main device with overlay of numbers to select.
- Screen ID: The screen on which HDMI Share will be displayed
- Video Feed Action: Select if you want HDMI Share to detect when an input is detected
- NOTE: HDMI Share must be running in order to detect an input
- Show Titlebar: Enable/disable the bar displayed at the top of HDMI Share
2C) Add USB Video and USB Capture Devices
Plug in all of your devices before configuring.
NOTE: You will not be able to add devices unless you've configured windows to display them in.
Select the "+" icon in the Devices section.
Select "..." to bring up a list of recognized devices.
Select your device from the list.
Give your device a friendly name, and select which window it should display in.
3) Configure HDMI Share Action Tiles (Optional)
In addition to providing Auto-Detect and Display, HDMI Share can be configured to launch as an Action Tile.
Open Quicklaunch Settings by pressing CTRL + ALT + S
Navigate to Actions and select the desired Group.
NOTE: Each group is customizable, so the names displayed on your machine may be different than what is shown below.
Next, Select the Actions Tab, followed by the "+" icon.
Type "HDMI" in the search field and Select "HDMI Share".
Select the device to be displayed when the Action Tile is used. You can configure any number of HDMI Share Action Tiles . The device selected in "Device to Share" will be displayed in the window configured above.
Add as many, or as few HDMI Share Action Tiles as desired. See our Customizing Action Tiles guide for a more thorough review of Action Tiles.
If you would like sound from the video source to play on the PC running Quicklaunch follow our guide.