HDMI Share: Configuration and Usage
This guide explains how to configure HDMI Share 2.5 beta. To participate in testing HDMI Share beta release an Ultimate Edition license with active Maintenance is required. Please contact <email@example.com> if you would like to participate.
- Add the HDMI Feature Key
- Configure HDMI Share Settings
- Configure Action HDMI Share Action Tiles (Optional)
1) Add the HDMI Feature Key
If you're participating in beta testing of HDMI Share, you'll receive a Feature Key that is linked to your License Key. Follow the steps below or see our Feature Key Guide to add the Feature Key to Quicklaunch
Open Quicklaunch settings by selecting the Gear Icon or selection CTRL + ALT + S on your keyboard.
Select the License tab, followed by the edit button.
Now, enter your provided feature key into the Feature Key field. (NOTE: don't erase your License Key. It is needed in addition to the Feature Key)
2) Configure HDMI Share Settings
Ensure all USB video devices and USB video capture cards are connected to the PC for which you are configuring HDMI Share. See a list of supported USB video capture devices on our partner page.
2A) HDMI Share General Settings
Open Quicklaunch Settings by pressing CTRL + ALT + S and navigate to the HDMI Share tab.
- Start with Quicklaunch: Enable/disable
- Show in Taskbar: Enable/disable the HDMI Share icon on the Windows Taskbar
2B) Configure HDMI Share Screens
All of the screens connected to your computer will be displayed here. You can enable an HDMI Share windows on any or all of the screens.
To identify screens, navigate to Display and select "Identify Screens" from the top-right of the window.
- Enabled: Enables/disable a window.
- Name: Set a custom window name to be shown in the title bar
- Show Titlebar: Enable/disable the bar displayed at the top of HDMI Share
- Allow Close: Allows users to close the HDMI Share window
- Allow Minimize: Allows users to minimize the HDMI Share window
- Resize Options: Either Force Full Screen or Allow Windowed
- Toggle Mode: How HDMI Share will display more than one input. Options
- Single: Only one device will be displayed at a time
- PIP (Picture in Picture): Main device with other devices previewed in top-right corner
- Tabbed: Main device with overlay of numbers to select.
- Default Visibility: How the HDMI Share window will be displayed. Options are:
- Show: The window will always show
- AutoHideShow: The window will hide when no feed is detected.
- Background Image: Provides the option to show an image.
2C) Configure HDMI Share Devices
All USB Video devices will be auto detected.
- Is Enabled: Whether the device is visible to HDMI Share or not
- Display Name: The device can be renamed to something that is easier to work with.
- Default Screen: The screen the device will show on.
- Audio Play Mode: Whether or not audio will be played through the HDMI Share application. Options are:
- Never: audio will not be played
- Start Muted: audio will start muted
- Start UnMuted: audio will be active
- Video Quality: Video quality can be adjusted. This can be done to fine tune performance. Options are:
- Default Visibility: The default visibility of the device. Options are:
- Hide: The device will not be visible
- Show: The device will be visible
- AutoShowHide: The device will show only when there is an active video stream.
3) Configure HDMI Share Action Tiles (Optional)
Action Tiles can be used to override the default settings configured in Step 2 above. HDMI Share will reset to the default settings during room reset or when HDMI Share is restarted.
Add as many, or as few HDMI Share Action Tiles as desired. See our Customizing Action Tiles guide for a more generic review of Action Tiles.
Open Quicklaunch Settings by pressing CTRL + ALT + S
Navigate to Actions and select the desired Group.
Next, Select the Actions Tab, followed by the "+" icon.
Type "HDMI" in the search field and Select "HDMI Share 2.5".
The HDMI Share 2.5 Action Tile will be created. Notice the area labelled "Devices."
The visibility and screen for each device can be changed here. These overrides will be active until another override is performed, Quicklaunch room reset occurs, or HDMI Share is restarted.