How to Connect and disconnect a Camera using HDMI Share
This FAQ is to show you how to set up HDMI Share and an Action Tile to turn on & off a connected camera.
V4 Quicklaunch Download: MSI Installer
FAQs on HDMI Share:
- Usage and Configuration of HDMI Share
- Supported USB Capture Devices
- How to Add/ Configure an Action Tile
- Setup HDMI Share Screen
- Setup HDMI Share Device for your camera
- Add an HDMI Share Action tile
- Using the Action tile with the Connected Camera
1) Setup HDMI Share Screen
To enable HDMI Share, first enter into settings > HDMI Share > General > Enable HDMI Share
Now, you will need to enable the screen you want you camera to be displayed on.
- Select the HDMI Share "screens" tab
- Select the screen you would like and check "Is Enabled"
- Set "Default Visibility" to AutoHideShow. This will ensure the camera will only display when you click on the action tile.
2) Setup HDMI Share for your Camera
- Select the HDMI Share "devices" tab
- From the list of connected devices, select your camera.
- To enable your camera to HDMI simply check "Is Enabled" this will connect your camera. To disconnect, uncheck "Is Enabled"
- Once he camera is enabled you can configure it
- Set default screen to the one you enabled in the previous step
- Set default visibility to "Hide" - this will ensure the camera will stay hidden until you click on the action tile
3) Add an HDMI Share Action tile
- To add an Action tile go to settings -> Actions
- Select the group from the list above
- Click on the Actions tab
- Once on this page, select the plus sign to add an action tile.
- When the catalog opens, Search for HDMI
- Click on "Select"
- Connect the action tile to your camera from the list of devices
- Set the Visibility to "Show"
- Set the screen to the screen you defined in the previous step
Using the Action tile with the Connected Camera
- To start your camera click on your action tile.
- Quicklaunch will go into dock mode, and your camera will be displayed on the defined screen
- To close the screen, simply select the X icon in the upper right hand corner