If you are using a Magewell HDMI capture card, setting it to be black when no video feed will allow HDMI share to automatically turn on when a live HDMI video feed is plugged in, and automatically turn off when unplugged. For example: walk into a meeting room with a laptop, plug in the laptop HDMI cable, and HDMI Share will automatically pop up.
- Download Magewell USB Capture Utility
- Set the Magewell to Show Black when no Video Feed
1. Download Magewell USB Capture Utility
- Download and install the Magewell USB Capture Utility
2. Set the Magewell to Show Black when no Video Feed
- Plug in your Magewell USB Capture HDMI device
- Start the Magewell USB Capture Utility
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- Under "Status Image" set the option to "Black"
- Click "Save to Device"
- You are done