The Huddly IQ camera has the ability to report people count to Quicklaunch. This can be used to control the screen saver and also the room reset functionality.
Warning & Restrictions
Huddly Camera Support is installed using the UCW Installer. The UCW Huddly Service assumes the control channel of the Huddly IQ camera and prevents other software from using the control channel. The Huddly IQ SDK is intended to function this way for the Windows Huddly Service.
The people count stream can only be connected to EITHER the UCW Huddly Service or the Huddly App. You cannot have both, this is by design how the Huddly IQ SDK works.
After following the installation and setup instructions in this FAQ if the Huddly App is desired the following steps will terminate Quicklaunch's channel control of the Huddly IQ and allow use of the camera by another application.
- Stop Windows UCW Huddly Service
- Quit Huddly IQ App
- Restart Huddly IQ App
For further information on using the Huddly IQ App refer to the vendor's documentation.
Quicklaunch and the Huddly IQ must be installed using the UCW Installer. This can be downloaded from https://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com/ucwinstaller/prod/.
Once Quicklaunch and the Huddly IQ are installed, the Huddly IQ Camera can be enabled on the Settings -> Plugins -> Huddly IQ screen. Click on the Is Enabled Check Box to turn on the Huddly IQ count.
Using the Huddly IQ Camera
People count with the Huddly IQ Camera can be used to control room reset. See this FAQ for more information,
People count with the Huddly IQ camera can be used to control the Quicklaunch screen saver. See this FAQ for more information.
- Make sure the correct Huddly cable is used and plugged in directly to a USB3.0 port on the computer.
- Make sure the Huddly IQ camera works with Microsoft Camera. If not, contact Huddly support.
- Verify that the following software is installed.
- Huddly Service
- If not, use the UCW Installer to uninstall and reinstall Quicklaunch and the Huddly IQ.
- Verify UCW Huddly Service and UCW Message Queue Service are running in Windows Services.
- Restart UCW Huddly Service - wait a minute and check the people count on the Quicklaunch Huddly IQ settings screen.
- Restart Quicklaunch - wait a minute and check the people count on the Quicklaunch Huddly IQ settings screen.
- Reboot the computer.
- Clear the event log, restart Quicklaunch and enable the Huddly IQ - check event log for errors.