The Quicklaunch Remote control brings "no touch" to the conference room. It allows conference room users to control Quicklaunch right from their smart phone (Android, iPhone or any device that has a web browser). The remote control is a temporary lightweight remote control that will ultimately be replaced by WeavLt and Weav products in the future.
With the Quicklaunch Remote you can do all kinds of functions:
- join a meeting
- run an action tile
- use a mouse & keyboard to control the conference room mouse & keyboard
- reset the room
NOTE: the Quicklaunch Remote Control is in Beta Testing and should not be used in production environments. Please contact QLsupport if you would like to assist in the beta testing program.
The Quicklaunch remote control is a lightweight web server installed on the conference room computer. For any device to control the computer, they must be on the same network and be able to access the conference room computer web server.
The Quicklaunch Remote has a number of levels of security:
- the remote software uses a used-defined authorization token defined in Quiclklaunch
- each meeting uses a one-time QR code that is regenerated each time room reset is run
- the conference room computer firewall can be configured a public network and limit access to the computer
- Obtain a feature key for the Quicklaunch Remote. Contact email@example.com and send them your license key
- Make sure you have the Beta version of Quicklaunch 4.0.695.0 or later. It can be downloaded from: https://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com/v4/beta/
- Download and install the Quicklaunch Remote. It can be installed from: https://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com/quicklaunchremote/beta
- Start Quicklaunch and go into settings:
- Account->license and enter your feature key.
- Go to System -> general.
- Enable Quicklaunch API, enter any phrase for the AuthenticationToken. For the port, enter 5000. You can enter any port number as long as it does not conflict with other software.
- Go to Plugins -> Quicklaunch Remote.
- Enable the remote and enter 5500 for the port. You can enter any port number as long as it does not conflict with other software.
- Go to Actions -> Actions
- Select an action group
- Open the action catalog and search for "Remote"
- Add the QL Remote Control" Action
- TIP: using SVG icons for actions will give a higher contrast QR code that will be recognized easier by phones.
- go to Display -> General
- select "Allow ColorSVG icons on actions"
- Save Settings.
- You may be prompted with the windows defender firewall. Make sure to check "public networks" (more secure) and "allow access". This is only prompted one time.
- The remote is ready to be used and will display a QR code as an action ti
Using the Quicklaunch Remote
On the conference room computer, the Quicklaunch main screen will show a QR code action tile.
Android - Some phones allow you to use the camera to scan the QR code. Point the camera at the QR code and a link should pop up. Tap on the link.
If this does not work, you may have to use an app or use the builtin Google Assistant. Start Google Assistant by pressing and holding the home key. Click on the Google Lens icon (left of mic button) and then scan the QR code, When a URL is displayed, click on it and you will be taken to the Quicklaunch Remote.
If this does not work, you will need to download an app to read QR codes.
iPhone - use the iPhone camera to scan the QR code. Click on the link to display the Quicklaunch Remote.
Big Tip! - when using the touchpad to control the mouse, for fine control "roll" your finger rather than moving it.