Dear Quicklaunch Zoom Users,
We want to inform you of a breaking change coming up in Quicklaunch installations that use Zoom meetings. Zoom has changed its login method for 3rd party applications, such as Quicklaunch. We are forced to make a change to Quicklaunch that will require each installation to be reconfigured for Zoom's new login changes.
What are the impacts of this change?
- When updating to newer versions of Quicklaunch, Zoom meetings will not work until your room account is reconfigured in your Quicklaunch Settings.
What settings need to change?
- SDK credentials will need to be used instead of username and password.
- This only affects the zoom login for the room account. It does not affect calendar or Microsoft accounts.
What version of Quicklaunch will I have to install to get these Zoom login changes?
- The zoom login changes will be available in Quicklaunch versions 184.108.40.206 and later
How can we coordinate this change?
- Turn off automatic updates on all Quicklaunch computers.
- When UC Workspace provides the new release that supports the Zoom change, download it to a test machine and update the Zoom credentials.
- Once you are satisfied everything works as expected, update machines - one by one - setting the room credentials for each.
Can I centrally deploy this change with SCCM or InTune or UC Central?
- We have released a tool to centrally deploy this change with UC Central. Please see this FAQ: Update Zoom OAuth Token from UC Central.
- NOTE: logging into each Zoom account manually, on a central computer, WILL BE required.
Do I have to do this right away?
- No, you can use your existing Quicklaunch up until November 5th, 2022. In this case, make sure you turn off automatic updates in Quicklaunch.
- After November 5th, 2022, Zoom will no longer support the older versions of the software - you must update to the latest Quicklaunch.
- Quicklaunch will still work even after the 5th. If you use the Zoom SDK, thick client functionalities (not anonymously joining, Meet Now) will stop working.
- You will not be able to update Quicklaunch until version 4.2 is released on October 31, 2022.
- Updating before the November 5, 2022 deadline will reduce the chance of any downtime.
Will I need to install any supporting software?
- Yes, you will need to make sure you update and install Quicklaunch with the UCW Installer.
- You will need to have the latest UCW Browser installed. Updating can all be done through the UCW installer.
Can I run the old version of Quicklaunch and a newer version on the same computer?
- No, you can only have one version of Quicklaunch installed on a computer at any time.
Can I run the old version of Quicklaunch and the new one on different computers?
- Yes. However, you must update to a compatible version by November 5th, 2022.
What are the detailed instructions?
I don't use Zoom - does this affect me?
- No, if you don't use Zoom, this change does not affect you.
When will the new changes be released?
- Zoom has approved Quicklaunch with the new SDK and we will release our production version on October 31, 2022.
I have questions!
- send an email to email@example.com