- Meeting Room PC Considerations
- Quicklaunch Requirements
Meeting Room PC Considerations
Please consider the following factors when selecting a PC for AV duties in a meeting room:
- Small Form Factor PC's have heat management constraints and the CPU speeds are reduced as the PC heat up.
- Small Form Factor PC's that do not have independent video cards rely on the CPU and RAM to provide Graphics Processing and Video RAM.
- Low Power CPU's are designed to run significantly slower and often deliver poor performance in an AV-Centric environment.
- PC's that do NOT support HDMI 2.0 and use "High Speed HDMI" cables cannot deliver 4K 60Hz.
- Display Port to HDMI adapters generally cannot provide 4K 60Hz.
- When Connecting to 4K monitors using many of the Conferencing Applications and/or sharing in-room video via an HDMI/USB capture device the CPU can be put under significant load.
- Multi-Monitor configurations may be physically supported but may not perform adequately if appropriate hardware is not provided in the meeting room.
PLEASE NOTE THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR 4K INTERACTIVE DISPLAYS
Utilizing 4K Displays with Interactive Whiteboards with Collaboration Applications require
- Intel i7 (4+ Cores) , 16GB Ram, 240GB of Storage, Dedicated Graphics GPU
NOTE: HDMI Share requires a GPU that supports DirectX 11 and YUY2 color encoding.
To achieve 36-48 months of use in the Meeting room we recommend the current generation CPU.
ALWAYS CHECK WITH THE APPLICATION AND HARDWARE VENDORS TO DETERMINE AND VERIFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS
Quicklaunch minimum requirements
In general, we recommend that a meeting room PC running Quicklaunch be a minimum of i7 Gen 10, i5 Gen12, AMD Ryzen 5 4600GE or higher, 16 GB of RAM with SSD to ensure adequate performance for the lifetime of the PC.
|Processor||:||Intel® Core™ i7-10700 Processor or AMD Ryzen 5|
2.0 gigahertz or higher
|Bandwidth||:||1.0 Mbits/s internet connection|
|Display Resolution||:||1024 x 768 and above|
Software - Subject to Change
|Operating System||:||Windows 10 (Professional or Enterprise)|
Windows 11 (Professional or Enterprise)
32 or 64-bit OS supported
|.Net Runtimes||* .NET 6 (Remote Control)|
* .NET Framework 4.5
* automatically installed with Quicklaunch
|Exchange||:||2013 and above (if on-premise)|
O365 licensed accounts and room resources
|Google Calendar||:||Current Version|
|Web Browser||:||Edge Chromium or Google Chrome|
|Quicklaunch™ Install URL||:||Please check your included package material|
Quicklaunch download site must be whitelisted
Maintenance Website (Offering Manager) should be whitelisted
|Branding Logo||:||PNG formatted image up to 1000 x 200 pixels|
Infrastructure for Ultimate Edition
- A dedicated Domain-joined Windows Account and Password to the account or an offline Windows Account.
- Exchange Room resource, Licensed (E3-E4) Office 365 Account or a free Room Resource for Calendar integration.
- If Exchange is on-premise a Service URLs Exchange Web Service (EWS) URL.
- Microsoft Graph API Authentication:
- Azure App Registration
Speaker, Mic, Camera
Console Display Mimo Vue HD or alternativeHDMI Input - Capture Card List of Supported Devices