Recommended PC Specifications
In general, we recommend that an meeting room PC running Quicklaunch be an I7 CPU with 16 GB of RAM
There are several items to be aware of when selecting a PC for AV duties in a meeting room:
- Small Form Factor PC's have heat management constraints and the CPU speeds are reduced as the PC heat up.
- Small Form Factor PC's that do not have independent video cards rely on the CPU and RAM to provide Graphics Processing and Video RAM.
- Low Power CPU's are designed to run significantly slower and often deliver poor performance in an AV-Centric environment.
- PC's that do NOT support HDMI 2.0 and use "High Speed HDMI" cables cannot deliver 4K 60Hz.
- Display Port to HDMI adapter generally cannot provide 4K 60 Hz.
- When Connecting to 4K monitors, using many of the Conferencing Application, and/or sharing in-room video via an HDMI/USB capture device the CPU can be put under significant load.
- Multi-Monitor configurations may be physically supported but may not perform adequately if appropriate hardware is not provided in the meeting room.
PLEASE NOTE THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR 4K INTERACTIVE DISPLAYS
Utilizing 4K Displays with Interactive Whiteboards with Collaboration Applications
· Intel i7 (4+ Cores) , 16GB Ram, 240GB of Storage, Dedicated Graphics GPU
NOTE: HDMI Share requires a GPU that supports DirectX 11 and YUY2 color encoding.
Quicklaunch itself requires very little in terms of CPU, Memory and Storage
· Intel or AMD x64 based Processor, 2GB Ram, 80GB of Storage
However, the collaboration applications that are used on the platform need to be taken into account. For the average collaboration environment, the following is recommended
· Intel i5, 8GB Ram, 180GB of Storage * - Meeting Providers have been recommending i7, 16GB, with SSD
*Always check with the application and hardware vendors to determine your requirements.
Utilizing Intel Unite
· Intel i5 with vPRO chipset, 8GB Ram, 180GB of Storage
Important Note – Encourage your customers to use 64 Bit Skype for Business
iTnews Microsoft has pinpointed high-resolution monitors as the reason for a large number of crashes involving the application sharing feature in its Skype for Business program. The company's NextHop team engineers said the crashes affect instances of Skype for ...…
Also ensure you have i7, 16GB, SSD for 4k Interactive Screens
Processor Intel or AMD x86 or x64-based processor
2.0 gigahertz or higher
Memory 2 GB
Bandwidth 1.0 Mbit/s Internet connection
Display Resolution 1024 x 768 and above
Storage Space 80 GB
Software – Subject to Change
Operating System Windows 10
32 or 64-bit OS supported
.NET Framework 4.5
Email Microsoft Outlook 2010 or above / Exchange 2013 and Above
Google Calendar - Current Version
Web Browser Internet Explorer 11 or higher
Google Chrome 49 or higher
Mozilla Firefox 46.0 or higher
Quicklaunch™ install URL and license key Please check your included package material – Download Site must be whitelisted.
Branding Logo If you wish to put a logo image on the screen to uniquely identify your corporation or the individual room, this can be a PNG formatted image up to 1000 x 200 pixels.
Infrastructure for Ultimate Edition
Exchange Account A dedicated Domain-joined Windows Account and Password to the account.
This account will also require access to your organization’s Exchange Web Services.
Exchange 2013 or above is required for Quicklaunch™ calendar functionality in Ultimate Edition.
Collaboration Account A dedicated Domain-joined Windows Account or Workgroup Account and Password to a Lync 2013 or Skype for Business 2016 account, to be used by Quicklaunch™.
Service URLs Exchange Web Service (EWS) URL
Outlook Web Access (OWA) URL
Microsoft Office 365 URL (only applicable if your organisation uses Office 365 cloud services)
Speaker, Mic, Camera
Console Display Mimo Vue HD or alternativeHDMI Input - Capture Card List of Supported Devices