This FAQ is to show you how to set up HDMI Share with a Barco device to wirelessly share your laptop.
- Usage and Configuration of HDMI Share
- How to Add/ Configure an Action Tile
- Supported HDMI Capture Devices
- Setup your Barco Clickshare and HDMI Capture Device
- Setup the HDMI Share Screen
- Setup HDMI Share for your HDMI Capture Device
- Using HDMI Share to display a laptop when plugged in
1) Setup your Barco Clickshare and HDMI Capture Device
- You will need to have am HDMI Capture card from one of our Supported HDMI Capture Devices.
- Install the HDMI Capture card and connect your Barco Clickshare device to the HDMI port
- Turn on your Barco Clickshare device
2) Setup the HDMI Share Screen
First enable HDMI Share. Go to settings > HDMI Share > General > Enable HDMI Share
Now, you will need to enable the screen you want your laptop to be displayed on.
- Select the HDMI Share "screens" tab.
- Select the screen you would like and check "Is Enabled".
- NOTE: you will want to select a screen that is not used for anything else (like Quicklaunch) as the Barco background image will need to be displayed all the time.
- Set "Default Visibility" to "Always Show". This will ensure the background image will display all the time.
- CAUTION: make sure "Allow Close" is unchecked, otherwise users may not be able to get the HDMI share screen back.
3) Setup HDMI Share for your HDMI Capture Device
- Select the HDMI Share "devices" tab
- From the list of connected devices, select your HDMI Capture Device. Common aliases are:
- Magewell: USB Capture Device.
- Mimo: Plankton Captured HDMI Video.
- Check "Is Enabled" for your capture device.
- Set default screen to the one you enabled in the previous step.
- Set default visibility to "Show device when plugged in".
- Save the settings.
4) Using HDMI Share to Prompt User to Use Barco ClickShare
- Quicklaunch will always display the Barco ClickShare prompt as long as the unit is turned on
- Users need to follow the instructions on the screen
- To stop sharing users simply unplug the Barco ClickShare button unit