Resource Monitors is a section in Quicklaunch where you can keep track of all your resources such as video cameras, disk space, network, etc. You can use Quicklaunch to show when there is a problem with a resource. When there is an issue the resource icon will show yellow/red if CPU, Memory or storage are too high. For example, if your network is slow the icon will show as yellow, if your network is disconnected it will show as red.
Quicklaunch can send emails if there is a resource that is unavailable or if there is an issue. For more information see the FAQ
Ability to Email Resource Status Change - FAQ
Resource Monitor Always Grey - FAQ
- Monitor when a Device is Disconnected
- Monitor when Memory, Storage and CPU are too High
- Monitor when Network is Slow or Unavailable
- Looking at more Resource Information
1) Monitor when a Device is Disconnected
- To get to resource monitors go to Settings > System > Monitors - Here you will be able to configure your resources.
- In the picture below you will see all the devices in the red boxes
- When a device is disconnected or unavailable the resource monitor icon in Quicklaunch will appear red.
- If you do not want to monitor a device, simply disable the device from monitors by un-selecting the box
2) Monitor when Memory, Storage and CPU are too High
Memory: You can set Quicklaunch to check if memory is above the percentage. In this example it will check every 2 seconds.
- If memory is above the "Yellow" percentage the memory will be "Stressed" and the resource Icon will appear yellow.
- If memory is above the "Red" percentage the is a problem with memory and the resource icon will appear red.
- If storage is above the "Yellow" percentage the storage will be "Stressed" and the resource Icon will appear yellow.
- If storage is above the "Red" percentage the is a problem with storage and the resource icon will appear red.
- For more information on CPU check the "See Also" section above for more FAQs
3) Monitor when Network is Slow or Unavailable
Use these settings to monitor with the network is disconnected or slow
4) Looking at more Resource Information
- To get more information on your resource, select the resource Icon
- This will take you to a separate screen that will show you more details on each resource
- click on the icons on the left to see each resource (camera, disk space, cpu, network, etc.)
- You can get all the resources information using this screen.