HDMI Share is used in conjunction with a USB HDMI Capture Device to enable Wired Device Sharing to the meeting room PC.
List of Supported USB Capture Devices FAQ
To Setup HDMI Share for a connected camera How to Connect a Camera using HDMI Share
- Setting up the USB HDMI Capture Device
- Configure HDMI Share Settings
- Configure Action HDMI Share Action Tiles (Optional)
1) Setting up the USB HDMI Capture Device
An HDMI Capture device needs to be setup in windows prior to using HDMI share. Many of the capture devices will install the driver by just plugging in the device.
However, many require you to have an ‘active’ source outputting video in order for Windows 10 to see the device and install a driver
If attaching a Windows PC to share through the HDMI cable attached to the USB Capture Device which is plugged in the meeting room PC
select ‘Windows Key +P’ and choose duplicate. It is easiest to use a phone if you have an adapter to HDMI as they automatically share.
Quicklaunch HDMI Share will only be able to be setup with a USB Capture Device that is setup in windows. You can also test the setup with the Windows Camera application.
2) Configure HDMI Share V4 Settings
Ensure all USB video devices and USB video capture cards are connected to the PC for which you are configuring HDMI Share. See a list of supported USB video capture devices on our partner page.
Note: Once enables HDMI will start will Quicklaunch to monitor connections in the background
HDMI Share V4 General Settings
CTRL + ALT + S To Open Settings
- Select HDMI Share
- Select Use HDMI Share - It will take you to the next setting
- Start with Quicklaunch: Enable/disable - Recommended Enable
- Show in Taskbar: Enable/disable the HDMI Share icon on the Windows Taskbar - Recommended Enable
Configure HDMI Share V4 Screens
All of the screens connected to your computer will be displayed here. You can enable an HDMI Share windows on any or all of the screens.
To identify screens, navigate to Display and select "Identify Screens" from the top-right of the window.
- Enabled: Enables/disable a window.
- Name: Set a custom window name to be shown in the title bar
- Show Titlebar: Enable/disable the bar displayed at the top of HDMI Share
- Allow Close: Allows users to close the HDMI Share window
- Allow Minimize: Allows users to minimize the HDMI Share window
- Resize Options: Either Force Full Screen or Allow Windowed - Allowed Windowed if you want to move or minimize
- Toggle Mode: How HDMI Share will display more than one input. Options
- Single: Only one device will be displayed at a time
- PIP (Picture in Picture): Main device with other devices previewed in top-right corner
- Tabbed: Main device with overlay of numbers to select.
- Default Visibility: How the HDMI Share window will be displayed. Options are:
- Show: The window will always show
- AutoHideShow: The window will hide when no feed is detected.
- Background Image: Provides the option to show an image.
Configure HDMI Share V4 Devices
All USB Video devices will be auto detected.
- Is Enabled: Whether the device is visible to HDMI Share or not
- Display Name: The device can be renamed to something that is easier to work with.
- Default Screen: The screen the device will show on.
- Audio Play Mode: Whether or not audio will be played through the HDMI Share application. Options are:
- Never: audio will not be played
- Start Muted: audio will start muted
- Start UnMuted: audio will be active
- Video Quality: Video quality can be adjusted. This can be done to fine tune performance. Options are:
- Default Visibility: The default visibility of the device. Options are:
- Hide: The device will not be visible
- Show: The device will be visible
- AutoShowHide: The device will show only when there is an active video stream.
3) Configure HDMI Share V4 Action Tiles (Optional)
Action Tiles can be used to override the default settings configured in Step 2 above. HDMI Share will reset to the default settings during room reset or when HDMI Share is restarted.
Add as many, or as few HDMI Share Action Tiles as desired. See our Customizing Action Tiles guide for a more generic review of Action Tiles.
See Also Using Barco Clickshare with Quicklaunch FAQ
Open Quicklaunch Settings by pressing CTRL + ALT + S
Navigate to Actions and select the desired Group.
Next, Select the Actions Tab, followed by the "+" icon.
Type "HDMI" in the search field and Select "HDMI Share".
The HDMI Share V4 Action Tile will be created. Notice the area labelled "Devices."
The visibility and screen for each device can be changed here. These overrides will be active until another override is performed, Quicklaunch room reset occurs, or HDMI Share is restarted.