Quicklaunch Voice Command is a speech recognition system that allows conference room users to control the basic functions of Quicklaunch. Voice command allows users to minimize touching of equipment allowing the conference room users to stay safe.
NOTE: Quicklaunch Voice Command is in beta testing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow these steps to setup Quicklauinch Voice Command
- Obtain a feature key for Quicklaunch Voice command. This should have been emailed to you once you have been accepted into the beta testing programs
- Download and install the latest release of Quicklaunch from http://qlinstall.ucworkspace.com
- Go to Quicklaunch Settings
- in Settings->Account, edit the feature key and enter your feature key. It should show "Voice Command"
- in Settings->System->General, enable the Quicklaunch API and enter "QuicklaunchApiAuthToken" for the auth token.
- in Settings->Plug-ins->Voice Command, enable Quicklaunch Voice Command. You will hear three beeps that it has started.
- Setup your default Windows Microphone:
- go to Windows Control Panel. Search for Manage Audio Devices
- click on "Recording" tab
- enable the microphone you want to listen and disable others
Using Voice Command
Quicklaunch Voice Command needs to be "woken up" with a trigger phrase. The default trigger phrase is "Hey Quicklaunch". Once woken up, a chime will sound, and a window will appear on the monitor indicating Voice Command is ready for a command.
NOTE: on first wakeup, it takes approx 15-25 second for Voice COmmand to be display. Subsequent wakeups, it will respond immediately.
Then you can say one of the following commands. If a command is successfully recognized, then an upbeat chime will sound and the command will be performed.
"Start meeting" - will start the current meeting. If there is not meeting, nothing will happen.
"Go to dock" - will tell Quicklaunch to go from fullscreen to dock mode
"Go to fullscreen" - will tell Quicklaunch to go from dock mode to fullscreen
"Cancel" - cancels Quicklaunch Voice command
If there is no words spoke for 4 seconds, Voice Command will played a closing chime and go back to sleep, waiting for another "Hey Quicklaunch"
If a negative chime sounds, or Voice command does not display. All errors will be written to the application event log.
There are two files that can be adjusted to fine tune the Quicklaunch Voice Command. NOTE: you *must* fully understand proper JSON and XML formats to modify these files.
The Grammar file contains the command phrases that will be recognized and the commands that will be performed. You can edit this file to create your own phrases. You can use multiple phrases for a command. The commands cannot change.
The file is located in the following location. The file *must* be valid JSON.
c:\program files(x86)\UC Workspace\Quicklaunch\Quicklaunch.VoiceCommand\Grammer.json
Running Action Tiles with Voice Commands
- Launch Quicklaunch Settings > Actions > Actions > Add Action
- Select your Action Group and add an Action Tile
- Add any action tile you want to run
- Ensure that the Action Tile "Name" is properly setup
- Open the Grammar.json file (C:\program files(x86)\UC Workspace\Quicklaunch\Quicklaunch.VoiceCommand\Grammer.json) in your choice of editor (Notepad, DreamWeaver, VisualStudio etc)
- This is in Grammar.json by default
- Ensure to add the comma (,) after the bracket to show that you are continuing the code
- Add "CommandGrammer" followed by your chosen phrase
- Add "ApiCommandMethod" which will always be "RunAction" for Action Tiles
- Add "ApiCommandParamaters" which will always go Action Group first, followed by the name of the action tile
*Note* Always ensure to restart Quicklaunch whenever editing this file
The configuration file has many settings that allow you to control the Voice Command:
UseSound - will turn on and off the beeps. Specify either true or false.
TimeoutPeriod - the number of milliseconds until Quicklaunch Voice command goes back to sleep after hearing no words
TriggerPhrase - this is the phrase used to wake up the Voice Command recognizer
TriggerPhraseConfidenceRequired - a decimal value from 0 to 1.0 of the confidence required that the speech matches a command. A higher value requires more precision in speech. This is for the "trigger phrase"
CommandConfidenceRequired- a decimal value from 0 to 1.0 of the confidence required that the speech matches a command. A higher value requires more precision in speech. This is for the commands.
CallQuicklaunch - this is used interally for debugging, leave it set to true
Monitor - this is the display monitor that the Voice command will be displayed on. It is the same as the Quyicklaunch Monitor is Settings->Display->Fullscreen
QuicklaunchApiAuthToken - this is the auth token used to connect to the Quicklaunch API. It must match Quicklaunch Settings->Syetem->General->Quicklaunch API Auth Token.
GrammarFile - this is the name of the grammar file. Do not change.
The file is located in the following location. The setitngs above are in the section "configuration/AppSettings". Do not change any other sections. It *must* be valid XML.
c:\program files(x86)\UC Workspace\Quicklaunch\Quicklaunch.VoiceCommand\Quicklaunch.VoiceCommand.Ui.config